Sunday, August 26, 2012

Cards and more cake!

This past fortnight has just been crazy at our place.  I had been asked to make a thinking of you card so of course you have to give options just in case they don't like one :-)  So these are what I came up with.

This was a take off of one that I had seen somewhere - sorry I can't remember where it was!  And this was the second option:
The first card was the chosen one :-)

I also made two cakes this weekend here is the first one that I made for a friend of Jamie's who turned 17.
Joe's favourite cake is lolly cake so after some googling I found out that you just cover it with gnache and then white ice over the lolly cake so that is what i did.  The actual cake is 3 recipies so he should have enough to last for a week at least :-)
Joe has a nitendo game (cake was the controller) and he loves Mario so after seeing a tutorial on how to make Mario a wee while back I decided to give it a go and here is the resulting cake:


I was pretty happy with how it all turned out in the end!  Ok so Mario doesn't look as good as the tutorial one but I was happy!

The other cake was my mum's 70th which I have been working on for a few days but I will post that one tomorrow.
I hope you all had a fantastic weekend!

Cheers

Rachel

5 comments:

Kirsti said...

Kauniit kortit ja komea kakku. Onnea Joe!

mandyb said...

wow your cards are just stunning

and i think that cake looks amazing!!!! you are so clever

Dianne H said...

Beautiful cards Rachel. They will have a hard job choosing one.
Lucky Joe with his cake and having a good friend like Jamie who's Mum is so clever.

Trace said...

Mario looks darn good to me! I still don't know how people can stand to cut into such gorgeous cakes lol.

Bo said...

Gorgeous cards Rach :)
Love Mario he looks perfect to me - great cake - how do you fit it all in??