Sunday, July 03, 2011

40 is the new 30 right?

Well a couple of weeks ago I celebrated my 40th Birthday and while it is just another day and my age doesn't worry me in the least - I have to say thanks to my family and friends I had a fantastic day!

I had lunch with the scrap girls and my running partner at the old bank and it was very yummy!  The girls spoilt me rotten here is a couple of pictures of what I received that was "hand made"
Diane did this lovely bottle of wine holder - the photo does not do it justice and I was running out of light to take more photos but if you head over to Diane's blog you will find more pictures:
Bo Made this stunning card - she really should have her own blog to showcase her own work - aye BO!  Bo coloured the image many weeks ago and I loved it so I told her that was mine lol - and it came in this stunning card!

And Jo made this one, which is AWESOME as last year I got a birthday card in December lol - Jo you have set the standard now!

 Jo also has more pictures on her blog if you would like to have a look!

I was also surprised later that evening when I went to Mum and Dad's for a quiet tea that some of the girls and their partners or children where at mum's for a pot luck tea complete with birthday cake - luckily with a number 40 candle instead of 40 candles - that would have set off the fire alarm!

I am truly blessed to have a loving family and amazing friends who make every day special but this particular day even more so :-) Thank you to each and every one of you.

I also won a prize of a couple of blogs and I didn't take a photo of Janine's wonderful wrapping but this is what I got in the mail the day before my birthday:
I have used both the garlic holder and skin taker offer lol but am yet to use my book - this is going to be so helpful though - I need to trawl through it before doing the groceries so I can have the cupboard stocked ready!  Check out Janine's blog for feedback on some of the recipe's that she has already tried!
Also Janine makes her own skin care - go and check her out!

I have also made a couple of cards and been to the Embellish It day scrap last weekend - so a bit more to catch you up on - when I can find some time and daylight to get the photos!

Have a great week everyone and thanks so much for calling



7 comments:

Kirsti said...

Paljon Onnea sinulle 40v <3

Dianne H said...

Good to see you continue to blog. Lucky You with that prize.

Bridgette said...

Yeah 40 you still have a long way to catch up with Bronwyn and I lol

Janine said...

Belated Happy Birthday Rachel, wow the detail in those handmade cards and wine holder are stunning!! Thanks for the shout out.

Mel said...

Welcome to the 40s (the new 30s).

mandyb said...

wow those cards are just stunning!!!
happy belated birthday too xxxx

Bronwyn said...

Thanks Rach you would think I would learn to take photos before I give the cards away
Guess that should teach me only just finishing them as I'm walking out the door - hehehe